- THIS HEAT: I. Am. Melting!!! Is there a trick for handling this? Will I get used to it in time?? Why does everybody just look at me with pity in their eyes and tell me: ”You don’t even know, just wait for August”???
- THIS COUGH: Very much connected to the problem above. The AC gives me a terrible cough that’s (figuratively) killing me, but I can’t turn it off for the night ’cause it’s still hot even when it’s on and without it I’d probably (literally) die. Am I the only one? Get me out of this vicious circle!
- ALL THIS CASH: Might not sound like a problem at first, but I’m not talking about huge amounts of money, I’m talking about huge amounts of paper. They all. Look. Exactly. The same. I’m telling you, one of these days all these damn one dollar bills (that never seem to end but are never enough at the checkout) will make me lose it for good.
- ALL THESE PEOPLE: Taking the subway in NYC during rush hour is something simply indescribable. That’s when you’ll truly feel the insane amount of people living in the city, and I mean that literally, on your skin, with your face in someone’s armpit!
But hey, you live and you learn, right? That’s what I try to do anyway, and now that some of this negative stuff is out of my system, here’s a bit more positive list about some of the little things that, after a bit of stumbling, I’ve actually learned to handle here!
- LAST NIGHT: Despite the earthshaking volume of my Air Conditioning, I was finally able to sleep trough a whole night without earplugs. The trick is to imagine it’s a waterfall!
- THESE STREETS & SUBWAYS: Everyone who knows me could tell you that, to say the least, I’m not the very best at navigating or finding my way to where I need to go. But just look at me in NYC after only 3 weeks: the other day a lady asked me for directions and I had the answer! I feel like I’m totally on the map and rocking the subways. It’s surprisingly easy here, even for a dummy like me!
- THESE BUGS: I am very pleased and slightly surprised to announce this; it appears I’m not scared nor specifically disgusted by cockroaches. I’ve met a couple already and didn’t freak out at all, actually, in my opinion, I handled the situations pretty smoothly!
And, to keep things on the brighter side, as a grand finale of this post I’m very happy to announce that, after finishing 7 new songs in only 3 weeks, we now have all that we need and more for the EP and are ready to go into production!!! I don’t know about you, but to me that sounds like something to be happy about!