torstai 7. elokuuta 2014

WEEK 7 - getting busy!

7 down, 5 to go. How did this happen, how can it be that it’s been SEVEN weeks already?? Unbelievable. Time sure flies when your brain is constantly exploding. And it seems that this adventure is getting crazier every day! Here are some photos from the past week to show you how...

Somewhere deep in Brooklyn... Guess what this place looks like from inside?

Yup, I didn't guess either! Prettttty cool!!

So last week we had all the live drums tracked down for the album, and not just by any drummer, but by none other than the great Shawn Pelton himself!!! If you guys don’t know the name, check out his wikipedia page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Pelton 
So yeah, the top drummer in NYC who, amongst many other projects, plays in the Saturday Night Live, stopped by and laid a couple of tracks for my EP. And my oh my was it amazing. That was another one of those moments where I suddenly woke up to the amazingness of being here, working with the people I work with. And to know it will only get busier from here, well, I have no doubt that the last 5 weeks I have will pass by FAST.

Which is why I must keep on trying my best to be as focused as I can so that I’ll be able to make the most of it. To be honest, it’s not always easy with all that’s going on here. This summer has sure been dramatically different from my usual lifestyle! But, like they say, if it was easy, everyone would do it, so I guess I’ll just have to prove to myself that I’ve got what it takes! 

Here's me, the team and Bryan from the studio showing you that we've got this.
(Naturally I forgot to take a selfie with the drummer star... maybe next time!)
Always working hard, but never without little bit of laughter!


In any case, I’m grateful I don’t have to get through all this alone. I’m so lucky to have so many wonderful, genuinely good people around me, guiding me through the challenges and helping me also give my mind a break when needed. I truly believe that, with the right mindset and support, there are no limits to what you can achieve.

So on that note, to everybody who’s feeling tired and reluctant to get back to work from holidays, YOU GOT THIS, we’ll keep our chins up together! ;)

<3


Peppina

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti